23450 ObrovacTelephone: 012 /689 061Parent institution: Narodno sveučiliste / Community Education CentreMuseum profile: localFounded: 1982
Category of the museum collection: CCategory of the museum building: CNumber of inventoried museum items: 0Number of non-inventoried museum items: 489Microfilmed museum inventories: noThe museum has an archaeological collection founded on excavations by Antun Colnago (Obrovac 1862 - Split 1936), undertaken in the vicinity of Obrovac (part of that collection was transferred to Zadar after the Second World War, and a part of it has disappeared). Today the museum holds, apart from the archaeological collection, an ethnographic collection and a collection of recent history.From October 1991 to August 1995 the museum was on the occupied territory of the Republic of Croatia, inaccessible to museum workers and agencies for the protection of monuments.
There is no information on the protection of holdings, because no reports were sent in.INFORMATION ABOUT THE MUSEUM DURING OCCUPATION* In June of 1994, a Monitoring Mission of the EU had inspected the situation in the museum. The report of the Mission states that the entire holdings are in Obrovac, except several items and a significant number of films and negatives that had remained in Zadar during the war. The head of the museum at that time, Sava Ljubičic, pointed out the problem of the lack of undertaking preventive measures to protect the textile collection.The museum was open to the public, primarily for school visits.
Apart from being dirty and neglected, the building had suffered no notable damage.
The holdings discovered at the museum after liberation were at first glance undamaged.