44250 PetrinjaMatije Gupca 2Telephone: 044/814 175Fax: 044/812 205Parent institution: Hrvatski dom / The Croatian HouseMuseum profile: fine artsFounded: 1987
Category of the museum collection: CCategory of the museum building: CNumber of inventoried museum items: 99Number of non-inventoried museum items:Microfilmed museum inventories: noA collection of paintings by members of Krsto Hegedusic's master workshop, which was active from 1950 to 1975, was presented in a baroque building redecorated to fit gallery needs. About a hundred works of fine art, donated to commemorate the memory of Krsto Hegedusic (1901-1975) and his home town of Petrinja, are a representative choice of Croatian post-war painting.From September 1991 to August 1995 Petrinja was on the occupied territory, inaccessible to museum workers and protection services, exposed to war destruction and intentional devastation.
The holdings were not protected, and no reports were sent in.INFORMATION ON THE MUSEUM DURING THE OCCUPATION* No information was available on the state of the holdings and the building in which the Gallery is housed.
Apart from disorder and dirt there was no damage to the building.
After liberation, in August 1995, only a part of the holdings was found in the Gallery, and pre-war documentation, if it had existed, has disappeared. Fifty-six paintings from the holdings have disappeared and ten paintings have suffered slight damage.The rest of the holdings have to be re-inventoried, but the activities of the Gallery are for the moment on hold, because it has no professional staff.War damage was noted using information from the Catalogue of the collection published in 1987.
Petrinja, The Krsto Hegedusic and Associates Gallery"Branka is resting", oil painting, 1925Stolen painting by Krsto Hegedusic
Petrinja, The Krsto Hegedusic and Associates Gallery"Mill on Bistra in Hlebine", oil painting, 1925Stolen painting by Krsto Hegedusic